With so many other things to do in the morning, it is not uncommon not to have time for wardrobe or more to say, time to sift through an outfit to suit a particular occasion.
However, planning your wardrobe ahead can save you two precious commodities “time and energy” choosing what to wear especially when you don’t have to get cut up in rushing.
Before planning your wardrobe, it is important to know your plans for the week because in the bid to make things right, meet up with schedule, defend the project and deadlines, tea meeting, business meeting, date night ETC It’s a whole lot of pain to skim through your wardrobe to combine some certain wears on spot.
Sometimes we rely on that skirt or trousers, that favorite blouse or shirt because it’s always handy and simple to pull through, well, it can be too exact, too confining or limiting and could also lead to wearing an embarrassing face when we repeat that exact outfit last week.
Here are simple steps on how to plan your wardrobe to look more confident and fabulous
Declutter and optimize your closet
You will be surprised that there are a bunch of what you don’t need lying in your wardrobe. Decluttering makes picking your outfit much easier.
With this, there will be less distraction in your closet as you get to plan around needed outfit and accessories more quickly.
Plan your weekly and monthly schedule
Think about your week and schedules involves mentioned earlier, the different meetings to attend either a date or official meetings, could be brunch or after work late-night meeting. Will your week be super busy?
Go with an outfit you can easily transform from day to night
- A Flat, comfy shoes or trainers (dress code permitting).
- A lightweight top so that you don’t overheat.
- A pair of trousers to keep the look smart.
Select and prep the outfit
Select the clothes, shoes and complementary accessories you are considering, when choosing these categories, make sure they are of different varieties of colors, pattern, and fabrics.
Ensure that your clothes are properly washed, ironed and dried
Select tops for your bottoms and confirms if it’s comfortable enough.
For the shoes and accessories that best suit your dress when in doubt of what color to use, keep it simple by either selecting black, brown and pastel colors.
Considering that the weather certainly determines the kind of outfit to come up with. One that will make you feel comfortable and smart.
Select a blazer, denim jacket or cardigan for each outfit if the weather is a bit cold and go with lightweight when the weather is hot.
- Try the outfit on if you can so you are not just abstractly imagining the outcome
- If you have a particular only a particular like a black jacket or pastel you like to wear twice a week, wear it with a few days in between, like on Mondays and Thursdays in case you have to wash/ dry cleaning in between.
You Want to Wear the Same outfit twice in a Week?
- It doesn’t matter, you can just wear it at opposite ends of the week or disguise the same outfit by adding a scarf, different tie or other relating accessories·
- Feel confident about your style and knowing what combination works for you.